Above: Hess-Martin Farm on Google Maps Street View.
This farm was originally part of the tract patented to Jacob Hess in 1735. In 1888 the farm was subdivided off that original tract, which then was owned by Preacher Jonas Huber Hess (1841-1919) and wife Annie (Franck) Hess.
The first to live on this new, 1888 farmstead was Christian Frank Hess, a son of Preacher Jonas Hess and wife Emma Hess. Christian's wife was Emma Shriner Hess. Christian and Emma raised four children here. They then sold the farm to Paul and Elizabeth Martin, ca. 1928. The farm had Hess ownership again in 1962, when James and Anna (Rowe) Hess purchased the property.
View this farm in a larger Google map.
Above: Hess-Martin Farm (blue pin). The Old Hess Mennonite Church (pink pin). Hess Mennonite Cemetery (purple pin).