Above: The Becker-Hess Farm as seen on Google Maps Street View.
This farm was part of the Valentine Becker tract, which was warranted in 1738. The Beckers received their patent for this land a few years later in 1747.
John Becker sold this farm to historian John Huber Hess in 1894. Then in 1911 John sold the farm to his grandson, Preacher John S. Hess and wife Florence Brubaker Hess, who were married a few years earlier. The farm remains in the Hess family today.
View this farm in a larger Google map.
Above: Blue pin: Becker-Hess Farmhouse. Pink pin: Hess Mennonite Meetinghouse. Purple pin: Hess Cemetery.