36 W. Newport Road. Lititz, PA
Present Home of Rock Lititz Properties
Above: Old barn on Bomberger-Brubaker site, on Google Maps Street View.
This farm was part of the 1735 Christian Bomberger patent. The property was likely included in the 160 acres that immigrant Christian Bomberger willed to his son-in-law Hans Martin Bucher. The large, stone bank barn was dated 1799, and measures more than 100 feet in length. The datestone was removed when the barn's west gable was partially destroyed in a storm. The stone farmhouse is undated; it apparently was constructed ca 1750-1780.
The farm was owned by the Brubaker family for most of the 19th century, and part of the 20th. At one time the farm included acreage on the north side of Newport Road. There is a springhouse located in the woods north of Newport Road. In the 20th century this farm was also owned by the Lloyd H. Wenger family. The 96 acres was sold to Rock Lititz Properties, to be used by several local businesses involved in stage-and-entertainment production.
Satellite View (Right Pin):
View this site in a larger Google Map.