Above: Brubaker-Erb Farm on Google Maps Street View.
The history of this farm is not easy to decipher. It appears that much of the property was located on the patent that was warranted to immigrant Christian Bomberger in 1738, and patented to his son-in-law Martin Bucher in 1762.
During much of the 19th century the farm was owned by the Brubaker family. The farm buildings consisted of a large Victorian farmhouse, a 19th-century stone-and-frame bank barn, and an adjoining stone outbuilding. Plus there was a late 18th-century log home of Germanic design, being a three-bay, two-story, central-chimney house.
The farm was developed in 1991 for a housing development, but the house remains.
View this property in a larger Google map.