Above: Farm Lane into the Landis Farm, on Google Maps Street View.
This long, paved driveway is the entrance to the Landis Farm, near Landis Homes Retirement Community. The brick farmhouse, at the end of the drive, was built in 1851 by Isaac L. Landis (1823-1897) for his bride Elizabeth (Long) Landis (1829-1852).
Isaac and Elizabeth Landis were grandparents of historian Ira D. Landis (1899-1977), the first director of the Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society. Isaac Landis was a first cousin of Henry Landis, father of the Landis brothers who founded the Landis Valley Museum.This farm stayed in the Landis family until the late 20th century, when it was purchased by the Amish.
Satellite View on Google Maps:
View this farm in a larger Google map.